TFAS Hong Kong
How to Apply
To apply to TFAS Hong Kong, please complete our online application available here. Applicants should submit the following documents:
- A statement of purpose explaining your reasons for applying to the program and what you hope to gain by attending
- Your updated resume/CV
- Your official transcript
George Mason University rules stipulate that an official transcript must come directly from your university and must have a university seal/signature. Transcripts that are downloaded from your university's website will not be accepted. Transcripts must also be in English. If your university does not provide transcripts in English, it is your responsibility to have your official transcript translated by a translation agency.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor, adviser, dean, or boss (we prefer someone who knows you in an academic capacity). Your recommender can submit their letter through the online application system or by email, fax, or post. We discourage applicants submitting their letter of recommendation on behalf of their recommender.
- Proof of English proficiency - Non-native English speakers must prove English proficiency. TFAS primarily uses admissions interviews (see below) to judge an applicants' English ability. Applicants are also welcome to submit supplemental proof of English proficiency such as:
- Proof of attendance at a university where the language of instruction is English
- An English Language Exam score report (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, or an English proficiency exam administered by your university)
- Proof of attendance at a university that is accredited by an American university/college
- Completion of English Composition I & II with grades of C or higher at a college or university in the US
Once you have submitted your online application and all supplemental materials have been received, you will be notified via email that your application is complete.
- Admissions Interview - After an initial review of your application, you may be selected for an admissions interview; a TFAS International Programs staff member will contact you to schedule this interview. For non-native English speakers, this interview will also be used to judge your English proficiency (see above). The interview will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Early Deadline - December 1
Final Deadline - February 1
For more information on admissions, please see our admissions page.
The total cost of TFAS Hong Kong is $3,750 USD. This covers tuition (including academic credit from George Mason University), housing, most meals, health insurance for the duration of the program, and all program-sponsored events. Every participant is expected to fund his or her travel to and from the program.
All applicants are eligible to apply for a scholarship to cover part of the program costs. The scholarship application is available in the online application. Please note that funding is limited and scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply early.