Due to the ongoing safety and logistical challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak, The Fund for American Studies has had to cancel all in-person international programs for summer 2020. This is disappointing, as we have been planning these programs for many months, and we know many students have been looking forward to the experience. In light of this, we are deferring admission of enrolled students to summer 2021. Please see below to follow further developments related to our shift to a virtual summer.
TFAS Asia + TFAS Prague
We will be offering a virtual educational experience for previously enrolled students that will reflect the lessons and connections of attending a TFAS International Program. We are working hard to adapt the program for students and will distribute further details in the coming weeks.
Steps to Prevent Illness
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. To help contain the spread of COVID-19, everyone should follow the recommended precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and discard it immediately in the trash.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.