The Fund for American Studies is monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 and is in close contact with our academic partners in Prague and Singapore as related to our upcoming summer 2020 programs.
Based on current conditions and timeline, all international summer programs are proceeding as planned. Should TFAS International be required to cancel any of our programs, full refunds of all program costs will be given. For participants who voluntarily withdraw, refunds will be made according to the stated refund policy and schedule provided in your enrollment form, and accessible on the Admissions page.
We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate any changes or recommendations as needed. For your reference, please see below to follow the developments in either of our summer program locations.
Currently, all Singaporeans, permanent residents, long-term pass visitors and short-term visitors entering Singapore (regardless of travel history) will be issued a 14-day Stay Home Notice (SHN). Singapore has also imposed additional restrictions on those with certain travel histories or nationalities. For a complete list of restrictions, please visit the Singapore Ministry of Health website.
TFAS Prague + European Journalism Institute
On March 24 the Czech Republic extended the country’s quarantine until April 1. During this time, foreigners are banned from entering the country, with the exception of those with a residence permit. For a complete list of restrictions, please visit the Czech Ministry of Interior website.
Steps to Prevent Illness
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. To help contain the spread of COVID-19, everyone should follow the recommended precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and discard it immediately in the trash.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.